Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Playing Teacher

I was so blessed today because I got to "play teacher."  We have "homework" each night, so I took it seriously. :)  I got to basically share my experience using a circular (cycle) graphic organizer.  LOVED IT. I called on people, took things they said into consideration, and wrote clearly.  People loved the fact that I was on the newer side, yet really enjoyed sharing so early into the program.  I'm all about forming relationships and bonding with people.  This experience helped me immensely, as my pain was high today and there were other negatives going on.

I met with a team of 10 people for my weekly Dr./RN/Psych appointment.  It was pretty overwhelming to say the least.  However, my Dr. kept leaning back in his chair (he's a brilliant, yet kind man) and I had to resist the urge to tell him "keep all six legs on the floor!"  I resisted...barely-haha.  I've got great care here and my RN/case manager is fabulous.

My beloved comes in tomorrow evening.  I can't wait!  Please pray for safe travels for him.

I'm learning about coping mechanisms in order to live with pain and take control of my situation.

My #1 coping mechanism:
My Higher Power: My Savior and Lord.

Why?
He loves me unconditionally.  This love never changes, regardless of any mistakes I make, how I feel, or what I look like.  I can talk to Him about anything.  He is always with me.  There is nothing that can separate us.

2 comments:

  1. Again, tears came to my eyes reading your number one coping mechanism. What a wonderful reminder! Thank you for your sharing. I hope you have a wonderful time with Brendan. I'm sure that while this Thanksgiving will be different, it will form into a sweet memory. Praying for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how your teacher instincts are still kickin'! I'm so glad you've had a weekend with Brendan. I'm sure that was such a sweet time. Love you friend!
    Libby

    ReplyDelete