Saturday, November 12, 2011

Made it-whew!

I have made it to my hotel here in Rochester.  I am going to send out the mailing address (for all of you who enjoy "snail mail" :) ) via email, rather than posting it here.  If you don't receive it and would like to have it, please email me at jennaquigley@gmail.com.

My parents came in last night (in Knoxville) for a nice dinner out and farewell.  They have been such a blessing.  Mom got me all outfitted with layers and workout/stretchy clothes so I can be "stylish" while receiving my therapy.

My hotel is very nice.  It's right in the heart of downtown Rochester.  I already switched rooms.  They put my by the elevator, and I let them know I was going to be here a month-they were great-switched me to a higher floor at the end of the hallway.

God works in wonderful ways.  I found it no coincidence that I went to a Tapas restaurant next door to my hotel and met the brother of the man who basically owns all the commercial property in Rochester, besides MAYO clinic.  So-I have not even been here 3 hours, and I'm already making friends with the "higher ups."  Of course, I know no strangers and everyone I've met loves my accent.  Whenever I ask if they can tell I'm from the south, they say, "Oh yeah...we can hear it!"  Makes me proud to be from east TN.

Besides being exhausted from a day of traveling, I am doing as well as would be expected. I made all my connecting flights, my luggage got to me in the end, and I had Panera muffins and homemade brownies for breakfast and lunch instead of having to eat scary airport food (thanks Mom)!

I had a good meal tonight and I'm ready for some major rest.  Please pray for pleasant dreams and a productive day tomorrow, as I will need to get around for some groceries. (I don't want to eat out at the rather expensive Tapas restaurant each night-it would break the bank!)

Please pray for my husband and kitties at home.   I miss them dearly.  Even though we have SKYPE (thank goodness), it will be heavenly to see my husband in person over Thanksgiving.

Please share this blog with others who may want to be "in the know." 
I'll get out the address to as many of you as possible.

I have to quote Jeremiah tonight-it has been resounding in my head all day:

"For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans for welfare and not for calamity to give you a future and a hope.  You will call upon Me and come and pray to Me, and I will listen to you.  You will seek Me and find Me when you search for Me with all your heart.  I will be found by you, declares the Lord, and I will restore your fortunes..." Jeremiah 29:10-14

Oh-and we're supposed to get snow...perhaps I'll wake up to a blanket of it one of these mornings.  I love snow...Can you tell I've got the "snow day" teacher mentality at heart? :)

1 comment: