Friday, November 18, 2011

Immensely Blessed

I want to start by thanking everyone for their prayers and support (via text, calling, email, or "snail mail").  You'll never know how much I appreciate your love and encouragement.

I completed my two intake days at the Pain Rehabilitation Center.  Yesterday, I actually finished a little early and had a chance for some R and R in the afternoon.  I was grateful to finish with all the surveys, assessments, online checklists, questions, etc.  :)  I'm glad they have baseline data, though.

Today was my first "real" day, filled with classes, Dr. visit, relaxation techniques, occupational therapy, and physical therapy.  I've met some pretty amazing people and feel as if I can really relate to their stories.  There are several young women that are apart of the group, and one particular gentleman, who actually is an M.D. at MAYO himself, yet a fellow patient in the Pain Rehab Center.

Besides a few bouts with tears, the day went really well.  I'm learning all sorts of coping mechanisms (other than medication thank goodness).  Today was my first day lifting weights in nearly 2 years.  It was pretty humbling, but I know I'll improve.  :)  We did some gentle yoga...I rather enjoyed that.

I have to quote an old hymn in closing:  "Because He lives, I can face tomorrow.  Because He lives, all fear is gone; because I know He holds the future.  And, life is worth the living, just because He lives."

2 comments:

  1. The end of you blog brought tears to my eyes! The Lord is going to do amazing things! I'll keep praying!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Jenn. Miss you, dear friend.

    ReplyDelete