Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Another Move, Andy Griffith, Active Board and A Little Anxious

So this morning I decided I needed to switch rooms.  The heating system has a really "old/musty" smell to it, and that's the last thing I need-more allergies! :)  I was going to get out a bit more this morning, but I'm waiting to be moved.  The people here at the hotel are wonderful; they just have "full house," and needed to change my room once some people checked out.

In the meantime, I've decided to start an Andy Griffith marathon, beginning with "My Fair Earnest T. Bass"...you know-they little runt from the mountains who throws rocks through windows.  If you're never watched Andy Griffith, you really need to give it a go.  Stick to the black and white episodes.

As some of you already know, I recently got an Active Board in my classroom.  Big YAY!  So-I have been looking through/trying to create some good flip charts for when I get back.  Knox Schools website has some great ones.  I just need to preview, tweak, and organize.  Promethian Planet has wonderful resources as well.  I've just got to wrap my head around all of the ones I've looked at and pick/choose.

I've been trying to stay busy...if you can't tell. :)  I'm a bit anxious about tomorrow.  I know the verse from Philipians 4:6-7 says: "Do not be anxious about anything, but With prayer and thanksgiving, make your requests known to the Lord.  The peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus."  However, it's still hard to keep those anxious thoughts under control.  The first 2 days at the Pain Rehab Clinic will be filled with "intake procedures:" questions/history, blood work, etc.  Since talking about my pain can make it worse, I'm more than a little apprehensive.  I know that I can't get any answers "wrong" (I'm still a teacher/student at heart), but please pray that the staff is kind, professional, and nonjudgmental.  Also, please pray that if I do run into any staff member who does not possess these qualities, that I will allow his/her behavior not to affect me in a negative way.  I hope that I will be able to let any negative words "roll off" and stay positive. :)  MAYO is known for its professionalism, so I do hope that I will encounter good experiences.

So-I'm back to Active Board flip charts for a bit-they actually are pretty exciting.  I might head out for a walk (the sun is peeking around some) and then to a late lunch of good ole' greasy Chinese later.  I'm in the mood for some. :)

Love to all!

No comments:

Post a Comment