Thursday, November 10, 2011

The MAYO Adventure Begins!

This Saturday, November 12, 2011, I will be leaving for Rochester, MN to attend MAYO Clinic's "Comprehensive Pain Rehabilitation Center."  I will be there until December 12.   will be posting updates on this blog to let everyone know how I am doing throughout my stay in Rochester.  I hope I don't turn into an ice cube before it's all over! :)


As many of you may already know, I have had many health problems over the past year and a half, mainly with pain.  My pain began above my right eye, then eventually radiated to the back of my skull.  Over the summer, it became more systemic.  Thanks to Jim Johnson, my referring doctor, in Brentwood, TN, I have gotten excellent care over the past 6 months, and I have improved somewhat.  However, I still have a great deal of difficulty  doing much more than working and sleeping.  


I am going to MAYO for a three week rehabilitation program to improve my ability to manage and deal with pain in ways that involve the least amount of medicine.  Brendan will be joining me for the Thanksgiving holiday, but other than that, I will be there without him.  I know the Lord has  blanketed us with His lovingkindness throughout this whole ordeal.  Please pray that He continues to do so.  We have been blessed with wonderful support from our family and friends, and especially, our parents.  Thank you all!



1 comment: